Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Royal Orchid Cafe

Last weekend, I went with "A"'s family to the Karnataka Golf Club for a swim. I won't spend the time complaining about the run-down mold-infested place and their rigid and pretentious behavior but I will let you know that instead of having lunch at the club, we walked across the street to Royal Orchid Cafe for lunch, even though having lunch at the club would have cost us one-third of the price.

The cafe had a wide spread of Indian and western cuisine on the buffet but we went a la carte.

I was as hungry as a wolf after the swim so I ordered a lamb burger, medium-rare. Despite the hunger, the burger wasn't as juicy nor yummy as I had expected it to be. It was sloppy and the meat was dry and bland, despite the added mayonnaise and melted cheese.



"A" ordered the club sandwich that wasn't all bad except the egg layer was overcooked so it was a bit rubbery. The bread were too "toasted" which resulted to a crumbly, messy sandwich.

Overall Ratings:
Candice's: 3/10

Would we return?
Probably not

Address:
1, Golf Avenue, (Adjoining KGA Golf Course),
Airport Road,
Bangalore 560 008,
India

No comments:

Post a Comment