Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Medici

My friend, P had been raving about the food at Medici. I got so excited with the prospect of eating yummy food, I pretty much dragged half the yoga class with us to dinner last night. Can I just say I love eating with my fellow yogis. Our yoga guru requires us to be absolutely silent and focused in class, so you'd think everybody there are just a bunch of people who'd do nothing but breathe heavily and stretch. Boy, was I off.

The interior of Medici looked elegant, even though I was sure it was 50 Cent rapping at the background (a little out of place, fifty?). Perhaps it was to mask our loud racket (who knew yogis can be so hyper!), but we didn't hold back since there were only 2 other seated tables.

Here's what we ate:

IMG_0380
Rocket salad with walnuts, olives and parmesan - fresh and tasty.

IMG_0382
Calamari - pan fried with some fresh herbs and chili flakes. Wasn't what I had expected, but not bad. P didn't like it much and scrapped her portion onto my plate.

IMG_0386
Can't be dining in an Italian restaurant without ordering pizza, right? I thought this wasn't the worst pizza I've had in town but my fellow yogis thought it wasn't good at all.

IMG_0388
Mushroom Ditalini (or at least that's what I thought it was) - creamy, mild and needed some oomph. Nonetheless, the pasta was cooked al-dente, just the way I like it. This is the half-portion, hence the minuscule amount.

IMG_0391
Pepper crusted salmon - the waiter asked how I wanted it cooked and I guess it was my fault to want it well done and as a result I thought the fish was a bit dry. To be fair, I think salmon is only delicious when it's raw or half-cooked but the waiter said the fillet was flown in from Vietnam and god knows how long it's been sitting in the freezer...

IMG_0384
Scampi spaghetti - this is the only dish I think is worth a cheer. The pasta was cooked perfectly and the marinara with bits of olives were so flavorful. Not to mention, the prawns were nicely marinated and juicy. You can ask the waiter to make it spicier, if it suits your taste. RECOMMENDED!

Overall Ratings:
Po's: 7/10

Would we return?
Yes.

Address:
#1206, 2nd Floor,
Mannan Arcade,
100ft Road,
Indiranagar, Bangalore

No comments:

Post a Comment