Thursday, March 31, 2011

I-95, Goa

While we were in Goa, we met up with "A"'s second cousin's wife's parents for some drinks and they graciously took us out to dinner. Since they spend half of their time in Goa, they've acquainted themselves with a lot of locals and of course, know of a lot of good places to eat.

If you're looking to dress up a little and experience fine dining in Goa, you should definitely check out I-95 (I know, the name sounds very much like an American highway ). You won't be disappointed. The menu is unpretentious and there is a good selection of wine to go with it.

I-95, Goa
The restaurant shares the same entrance of this age-old building which is also a gallery. The entrance reminded me a little of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

I-95, Goa
Warm mushroom soups in test tubes. I was a bit weirded out by the presentation but the soup was a nice comforting start to our meal.

I-95, Goa

I-95, Goa

I-95, Goa

I-95, Goa
The dining area is simple and humble.

Overall Ratings:
Po's: 8/10
A's: 7/10

Would we return?
Very likely

Address:
Castello Vermelho,
Behind the Art chamber,
1/115 A Gauravado,
Near Kamats Holiday Homes,
Calangute 403516
Telephone: +91 832 2275213

No comments:

Post a Comment