Tuesday, May 10, 2011

i-t.ALIA at the Park Hotel, Pt. 2

I know, it's not fair. How can one restaurant have two posts. I can't help it. This place is genuinely good, and in my mind, still the best Italian food served in Bangalore. Check out my previous posting from last year here.

A friend of mine from NYC was in town for a quick two days in Bangalore and I felt like it's my duty to show her the "other" side of India. My initial choice of cuisine was Andhra biryani but I know she had been traveling in the most rural areas of India for the past few weeks, and by now she would appreciate some really good non-Indian food in a slightly upscale setting. We came into itALIA, ordered a bottle of good Indian wine, and took our time with our meal decisions (too much catching up to do!), while the waiters patiently waited on us.

itALIA
Stuffed cannelloni with seafood - delicious! The perfectly cooked diced shrimps, squids and white fish added a hint of sweetness to the tangy tomato sauce. The slightly burnt ricotta cheese was a nice creamy addition to the whole dish.

itALIA
Goat cheese ravioli in mushroom sauce. The mushroom sauce was a tad salty, when eaten with the ravioli but the combined flavor was absolutely mouthwatering.

itALIA
Tagliatelle with prawns with saffron cream sauce. I absolutely adore fresh pasta. To know that they serve it here made me so happy. My only complaint is the way they serve the dish. Instead of letting the pasta soak-in the sauce and then letting them fall graciously on the plate, they've jam-packed the noodles into a mold. So as you'd expect, the noodles were stuck onto each other when I dug into them.


Overall Ratings:
Po's: 8.5/10
A's: 9/10

Would we return?
We just did!

Address:
The Park Bangalore
14/7 Mahatma Gandhi Road,
Bangalore 560042, India

Phone: +91 (0)80 2559 4666

No comments:

Post a Comment