Monday, May 23, 2011

The Fat Chef in Whitefield

I absolutely love it when I enter a new establishment and see that someone has put some thoughts into the decor. I especially liked how the interior of the restaurant has a combination of rock cut walls and perfectly white pillars and beams. I thought it's very modern "Karnatakan". The food is good but nothing with a "wow" factor but I think it has a lot of potential. I'm looking forward to coming back soon.

Menu at Fat Chef
Menu at the Fat Chef.

Fat Chef, Bangalore
Bruchetta with tomatoes and basil, cheese and olive - a very refreshing starter. The bread could be a bit more toasted though.

Fat Chef, Bangalore
Beer battered prawns - so very crispy on the bite but light and tender on the inside.

Fat Chef, Bangalore
Alfredo with vegetables - considering how it's just vegetables with white sauce, it turned out pretty good. The dish was nicely seasoned and the sauce wasn't sweet like how it is in some places in Bangalore.

Fat Chef, Bangalore
Lobster roll - I went to a New England seafood restaurant in NYC with my sister a couple of years ago and I remember feeling guilty because the small sandwich was both so very good and so very expensive. When I saw "lobster roll" on the Fat Chef menu, I had to order it. It wasn't as expensive (Rs240 vs. US$20) but it wasn't quite like the lobster roll I devoured back in NYC. I wish they had used less ketchup (I thought the sweet flavor and pinkness came from ketchup) and no cabbage. The lobster has an opaque color (undercooked, perhaps?) and didn't have much taste. Otherwise, it was a good try.

Fat Chef, Bangalore
Pesto chicken and pasta - tender pieces of chicken and fusili drenched in pesto sauce and topped with shredded parmesan cheese.

Overall Ratings:
Po's: 7.5/10
A's: 7/10

Would we return?
Likely.

Address:
No. 5/2A, Jagriti, Ramagondanahall,
Varthur Main Road, Whitefield,
Bangalore
(Attached to the Jagriti Drama Theatre)

2 comments:

  1. good quality snaps and neat description, but i'd like to see full length reviews from you to complement the pictures..tc

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll try... I get a little lazy sometimes...

    ReplyDelete