Sunday, June 6, 2010

Roadtrip

So I heard from the grapevine that the owner of this restaurant used to partner with Herbs and Spice. That totally explains the similarities on both the menus and the tastes of the food served. I used to live around the corner from here, so I'd order an entree or two at least twice a week and I was never disappointed.

It's been over a year since I last came but I still like this place. The atmosphere is very laid back and the owner is super friendly. This has become our default post-yoga restaurant.

IMG_2358
Shrimp bisque - a bit thick for my liking but the natural sweetness from the shrimp is unbeatable.

IMG_2356
Stuffed mushrooms with more mushrooms, onions and cheese - nothing to write home about but it's not bad. I would rather have it stuffed with something else though, perhaps with some chopped up leeks or fennel?

IMG_2351
Salad with sprouts - I liked the different textures in this salad but it wasn't really what I had expected. I can't even recall the name of this salad except I know it's not called sprout salad.

IMG_2350
Garlic shrimp - I love this! The combination of garlic, basil, and a hint of tomato makes this dish yummy.

Overall Ratings:
Po's: 7.5/10

Would we return?
Yes, probably after yoga with some yogis.

Address:
1st Main HAL 2nd Stage,
3524/1, Service Road
(next to park, opp Subway)
Bangalore,
Karnataka 560038
Phone:080 41155848

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I am wondering whether you forgot to give out the name of this place.

    Regards,
    An Avid follower of your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh oops! You are totally right! Thanks Rag - for reading my blog and paying attention :-)

    ReplyDelete