Monday, April 5, 2010

Pizza at Toscano's Forum Value Mall

Something was bugging me on Saturday and I couldn't shake it off. I was feeling antsy and it was beginning to show. "A" was busy with work but he couldn't bear to see me like this, so he said, "Let's go out for dinner". Not having much of an appetite, I suggested pizzas but I didn't want to venture into the hustle and bustle of town, so we went to Toscano's in Forum Value Mall in Whitefield.

Prosciutto pizza - the pizza crust was a tad soft even though the menu clearly says "thin crust", which is a big pet peeve of mine. If I wanted a soft pizza, I would've gone to Pizza Hut for a pizza pie. Thin crust usually means crisp. The marinara sauce was a bit too sweet and was lacking the deep slow-cooked tomato sauce flavor.

Smoked salmon pizza with pesto - I have the same complaint about this pizza as well and in addition to that, the salmon was tasting a bit fishy. It'd be nice if they gave us a bit more of the delicious pesto.

Mango pana cotta - along with the bread basket with yummy butter and basil olive oil, the dessert was also good. It wasn't too sweet and had a creamy smooth but jelly-like texture.

Compared to meals I've had at Toscano's UB City, which have all been pretty good, the food I had here was quite mediocre (A: come on, it was better than mediocre!). I've had better pizzas at Herb and Spice and Road Trip, but I would come back to try other non-pizza entrees because this place has nice interiors and ambiance.

Overall Ratings:
A's: 7/10
Candice's: 6.5/10

Would we return?
Most probably

Address:
The Forum Value Mall,
224, 2nd Floor,
62 Whitefield Main Road
Whitefield, Bangalore 560066

No comments:

Post a Comment