Friday, April 2, 2010

Soo Ra Sang

I understand. I am moving to a new country, therefore I have to make-do with ingredients available to me but I can't help feeling disappointed on my grocery-shopping trip to Spar (possibly the biggest supermarket in Bangalore) where I was hoping to buy some stuff (you know, stuff like tomatillas and pork loins) and I couldn't find anything!

Fortunately, my disappointment vanished instantly when "A" told me we were going to a Korean restaurant for dinner.

The many kimchis and side dishes that comes complimentary with your meal.


Fresh kimchi (Korean fermented cabbage).

Korean scallion pancake with soy sauce. I have to say they were a bit stingy on the scallions and it wasn't as chewy as the ones I had in NYC Korean town but nonetheless, we devoured it within seconds!

Bibimbop, we ordered it without the beef.

Stewed spicy tofy. Totally melts in your mouth.

To satisfy my pork (and Asian food) cravings, we ordered a few pork dishes. This one is pork with spicy soy sauce served on a hot plate. Super yum!

Seatings in the restaurant. There were a few BBQ tables available for a minimum of two BBQ orders.


Since it was such a joyous occasion, we ordered both shoju and Cass beer. "A"'s annoying (but funny) quote of the evening is "Cassssssssss... Sound of vitality..."

My only complaint would be that the rice was a bit wet (I think to attempt sticky rice, they used local rice and more water) and the BBQ meats were miniscule and we could've done without it. The restaurant is run by a Korean lady so I think this is as authentic as it gets.

Overall Ratings:
"A"'s: 8.5/10
Candice's: 9/10

Would we return?
Maybe every week!

Address:
No. 35, Mannal,
Wind Tunnel Road,
Murugeshpalya
Bengaluru, Karnataka 560017
Phone: 080 41303435

2 comments:

  1. The restaurant? I haven't been but been meaning to! I'll write about it for sure, when I do!

    ReplyDelete