Monday, May 24, 2010

Raintree Cafe

One of the (many) reasons why I love Bangalore is for the obscure places you would never imagine exist but they do. Last weekend, "A" and I went to the National Gallery Of Modern Art, which itself was an amazing place to visit and we decided to drop by quaint Raintree Cafe for a cup of latte and an afternoon snack. Raintree is a fashion and craft boutique but they had allocated a tiny space for a cafe that seats no more than 10 people.

IMG_1930
I'm unsure of the history behind this property but the vast garden with an old-world charming bungalow made us forget we were actually in the middle of bustling Bangalore city.

IMG_1922
Some deserts and small eats (quiche and sandwiches) available here.

IMG_1925
Chocolate tart - very moist and not too sweet.

IMG_1924
And to finish up the afternoon, a nice cup of latte.

Overall Ratings:
Po's: 8.5/10

Would we return?
Yes and to the boutique as well!

Address:
4, Sankey Road,
High Grounds,
Bangalore

2 comments:

  1. this blog is killing me ..... woke up hungry, and all I want to do it take a bite at my monitor, but I know it wouldn't taste the same. sigh ...

    ReplyDelete