Monday, May 10, 2010

Fava

This would be my second visit to Fava. I remembered my first time being somewhat pleasant and the dish I ordered (seafood ravioli in saffron sauce) was delicious, even though the ravioli was a bit too soft and fell apart before I could put it into my mouth.

Fava Restaurant
Fava has yet to get their liquor license, so here are two drinks that were made with wine. "A" had a pineapple sangria and I had a blue drink made with white wine, blue cacao, jasmine water and something else. Yummy cocktails!

Fava Restaurant
Steamed fish wrapped in vine leaves. Gak! Too salty! Could have done with half the brine. Maybe give the leaves a quick rinse or omit the salt in the fish next time?

Fava Restaurant
BLT (bacon, lettuce and tomato) - don't ask me why we ordered this in a Mediterranean restaurant but we did. Turned out just good, but I won't let "A" make the same mistake next time.

Fava Restaurant
Chicken shawarma - I thought it tasted better the first time I was here.

Fava Restaurant
Chocolate and vanilla ice cream?? It should have been baklavas! I know, by now you'd be wondering why would I bother reviewing this restaurant at all since we hardly had any Mediterranean food.

Fava Restaurant
I love the high ceilings, it makes the whole place look so spacious. The decorations were minimalistic and tasteful. There was also an outdoor seating area, which I think would've been great for people watching. I would normally complain about the flies in the dining area but then I saw there was a dedicated fly/mosquito-swatter. At least they are trying.

Overall Ratings:
Po's: 7/10

Would we return?
Most likely.

Address
203, 2nd Floor,
The Collection UB City,
24, Vittal Mallya Road,
Bangalore

No comments:

Post a Comment